In the event of emergencies, communication with the base station is critical for first responders. This requires good cellular and radio connectivity where they are operating, including inside their vehicles. Moreover, dependable communications infrastructure is required for first responders to answer within seconds during emergencies. However, there can be situations of communication lapses due to poor connectivity. One of the best ways to avoid this is to use a cell signal booster, and this has the added advantage of improving public safety. In this article, we will focus on the importance of signal boosters for first responders.
What Is A Cellular Signal Booster?
Cellular signal boosters are devices that receive weak cellular signals, amplifies them, and retransmits them to cellular devices. These are bidirectional devices, i.e. they amplify both receiving and outgoing signals to ensure enhanced connectivity in all situations. Because of this, they can boost cellular signals inside a base station, and provide improved connectivity for both voice and data inside emergency vehicles.
Why First Responders Need Cellular Signal Booster?
In emergencies, the lives of people depend on how effectively first responders can communicate with each other. Using signal boosters ensures this. These devices must be reliable in all weather conditions. They must function in any type of weather, and provide connectivity throughout its coverage area. This can be done by using signal boosters in the base station, and the emergency vehicles of first responders.
- Base Station: This is the other name for the headquarters of the first responders, and sometimes base stations will suffer from weak cellular connectivity. This might be due to the materials used in its construction like metal, glass, concrete, etc. They disrupt radio waves and thereby weaken them resulting in bad two-way communication between the base station and the first responders. A signal booster can resolve this by boosting each frequency band used by first responders.
- Emergency Vehicles: Good cellular connectivity is also essential inside the emergency vehicles used by first responders. This is because, as these vehicles are traveling, geographical features like mountains, hills, trees, or structures like huge buildings can disrupt the two-way communication between the emergency vehicle and the base station. This can be avoided by using an in-vehicle cellular signal booster.
Different Types Of Cellular Service Booster For First Responders
You can use a signal booster for base stations, emergency vehicles, or both, and these devices must be bidirectional. This device can be classified into three types, and they are listed below.
- Signal boosters for police vehicles.
- Signal boosters for safety vehicles.
- Signal boosters for ambulances and emergency medical services (EMS).
It should be obvious by now that cell signal booster improves the connectivity of first responders and thereby improves public safety.